This Website is owned by Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK Jitolee Afrika), an organization registered in Kenya.
When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as subscribing to a camp, donating online, or simply contacting us, Volunteer Action for Change Kenya may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online or offline form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, Volunteer Action for Change Kenya may require that you provide us personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and other personal identifying information.
When you submit personal information to Volunteer Action for Change Kenya, you understand and agree that Volunteer Action for Change Kenya and its partners and trusted members may transfer, store, and process your data in any of the countries in which Volunteer Action for Change Kenya and its associates maintain offices.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya collects this information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. If you subscribe to a camp, for example, the information is used to contact you to provide you with the necessary information about how to join it. If you contact us, information is collected to get back to you with an appropriate answer. Volunteer Action for Change Kenya also uses information that you provide as part of our effort to keep you informed about special events, such as seminars, trainings and exchanges.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya recognizes and appreciates the importance of responsible use of this information. If you do not want the information you provide to Volunteer Action for Change Kenya to be used to inform you of special events, and you indicate this preference when you provide the information to Volunteer Action for Change Kenya, Volunteer Action for Change Kenya will honour your preference.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya will ensure that your data will be collected and processed in a fair and lawful manner and for the reason we asked for it. The personal data will also be adequate, accurate and relevant but not excessive and we will store it securely. We will also process your personal data in accordance with your legal rights. This data will be kept no longer than necessary.
Personal information and sensitive personal information
Personal information means information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
2. Postal address
3. Email address
4. Telephone number
Sensitive personal information means information about:
- Race or ethnic origin
2. Political opinions
3. Religious or similar beliefs
4. Trade union membership
5. Physical or mental health or condition or sexual life
6. The commission of, or proceedings for, any offense committed or
- Alleged to have been committed by you, disposal of such proceedings
- The sentence of any court in such proceedings
What information is collected?
We may collect personal information and/or sensitive personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you submit one of our online forms, for example, our:
- Volunteer applications
2. Volunteer event registrations
3. Fundraising events registrations
4. Donation pledges
5. Fundraising forms
6. Newsletter registrations
7. Requests for information
We may also collect personal information and/or sensitive personal information when you download resources from our website, complete a survey or if you contact us by email.
Who collects the information?
When you are on the VACK Jitolee Afrika website and are required to submit personal information or sensitive personal information, this is collected by VACK Jitolee Afrika.
How is the collected information used?
Information collected may be used to:
- Respond to your request for information.
- Provide you with newsletters or details of events.
- Process your orders and applications.
- Engage you as a volunteer and make any appropriate arrangements.
- Process your donation pledges.
- Keep a record of your contact details.
- Contact you with current and future information about our work, events, campaigns and activities, or any other features of VACK described on the website.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to comply with legal process; (3) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (4) to enforce our terms and conditions; (5) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of you or others; and (6) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Any use of collected information will be in accordance with the data protection principles of good practice. This means that it will be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
5. Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
6. Processed in line with data subjects’ rights.
7. Not transferred to people or organisations situated in countries without adequate protection.
Who is collected information shared with?
VACK works together with partners in the international community and may need to share your information with our:
How secure is the information collected?
The security of information collected by VACK Jitolee Afrika is of up most importance to VACK Jitolee Afrika. We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protection personal information, sensitive information and any other information collected by us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any reason to believe that any information we hold is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
How do I find out more?
If you wish to make a request for information that we hold about you, wish to make a complaint or have any other requests or queries, please contact the communication officer on the Contact page.
You can contact us at any time by writing to:
VACK Jitolee Afrika, P.O. Box 1376 – 00515, Nairobi, Kenya.